Saturday, December 29, 2012

Alex Fakso




"Alex Fakso is one of the world’s leading photographers of the underground graffiti scene, who began his career as a skate photographer in the early ’90s. He published his first book Heavy Metal in 2006 and his second bookFast or Die in 2011.

He’s recently been in Brazil working on projects with street artist duo Os Gemeos, while preparing for an upcoming exhibition that opened in London yesterday, December 12, 2012. Titled Santa in Camo, it features 15 photographs and an installation from Tokyo, Moscow, Milan, and other cities around the world, examining global crisis and the underground.

Alex shared a few works from this exhibition and the stories behind them for their latest portfolio review."


Los Angeles, 2001
“I took this photo over 10 years ago. It was my first trip to Los Angeles. Looking back at it now, I realize that I have spent a lot of my life jumping fences, going into private property, and generally living with heaps of passion, freedom, and the frequent desire for a good adrenaline rush! This is where it all began. I took this when I went to skate at some spot in LA’s suburbs.”


Bassano del Grappa, 2011

“One day, my Papa came to me and said that he wanted to start a new business. He had been selling military supplies for half of his life and wanted to change his job. He now dresses up like this year-round and is the sole subject of my upcoming exhibition ‘SANTA IN CAMO.’”


Bucarest, 2007

“I met this guy on a Subway platform. He told me that he was a gypsy and pulled a knife from his pocket to show me, not caring that there were cleaners and other people on the platform.”
[VIA]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...