Sunday, June 09, 2013

Arabic Calligraphy

Arabic Calligraphy by Joshua Smith

"At the end of March I had the opportunity to speak at Visual Arabia in Dubia in front of both Western & Middle Eastern Designers. This event was rare chance to be able to visit the Middle East as well as take the opportunity to be inspired by the design culture and of course the Arabic Calligraphy that was around the city.

Since I love typography and seeing what forms can create viable and usable text, I started a exploration in using some core structures from Arabic Calligraphy and mixed with them with a Western progressive style. These pieces are what occured during my study these past few days. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them."






[VIA]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...