Monday, July 07, 2008

LOL


Anyone that went to the stencil show near Waterloo station this year will remember this piece from the show. Those of you that may know me will know all too well of my passionate dislike for stenciling. However in what must have been delirium at the time, I decided that a free exhibition was not to be missed and so went down to see what all the hype was about. Having waited in line for around 40 mins, I spent 15 in the venue.

I will never get those minutes back.

It was the worst thing I have ever seen. Eyefeltsick. Bad work with no consideration for concept or composition, plagiarism, and a man playing an 'urban' piano. If it wasn't for The Toasters, I may have killed myself there and then. Banksy admittedly provided some excellent pieces of work, but then ruined it by curating such a heinous show.

Having stumbled across this this morning made me chuckle. You can always count on the utes to say it how it is. Big up Daum, you made my day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...