Monday, June 29, 2009

Tekkonkincreet




If you haven't seen the anime adaptation to Taiyo Matsumoto’s graphic novel Tekkonkincreet, I suggest you find it as soon as possible and do just that. Brought to the screen by Studio 4C, this version of the popular graphic novel is on of the most beautiful pieces of animation I have seen since....well just since (I'm not a super anime geek, so I'm no authority on this subject).


There is an interview with the CEO of 4C as well as some of the team that worked on the film on the PingMag site available here. Although there is no mention of another anime called Mind Game by the same team, that is also well worth a watch for it's rather leftfield style and story.


So, if like me, you are struggling to come to terms with the recession and have no money to go out and piss your measly earnings up a wall, go and search these gems out. You'll probably find them free on the web, but I strongly suggest buying them as they may well change your life forever (let's just hope they don't try and make a live action version and kill them like they seem to be doing with so many other classics).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...